Want to read a decent piece of fanfiction?

Want to read a decent piece of fanfiction? Don't beat your head around!

Sunday 16 October 2011

The OC Way.

When I first heard about an OC, I was very excited. I wanted to read a story which involved one. It seemed so interesting; having someone in the story who wasn't there before and changing the story and making it Alternate Universe.

But, over the months, I have seen that many authors have abused the idea and have written some stories which are not interesting. I mean (no offence), some of the stories don't even have proper grammar or spellings; it is really annoying. The reading is abandoned  immediately (I review first, though). I have had encounters with many Mary Sues. Ah, beautiful, beautiful Mary Sues. So believe me when I say, 'When I recommend a Harry Potter fanfiction which involves an OC, I recommend the best ones internet has to offer.'

Over the coming weeks, I'll be posting OC fantictions (which can be in series) but before I post the first one, I would like to bring your attention to this:

A Mary-Sue Alphabet by Irony-chan.
Summery: A's for Amanda Our hero's twin sister Go lost as a baby and Gosh, how he missed her... Rated T, 1,429 words.



It's really funny.

Now, of course, I bring you The Moon Curses series by Grace has Victory. (Part I: Moons of Deceit ; Part II: Crown of the North ; Part III: The Werewolf's Bride ; Part IV: The Banebrewer)

Summery: Beginning just after the first fall of Voldemort, this follows the life of Remus Lupin and Ariadne MacDougal as they battle love, lycanthropy, abuse of human rights and living in the most prejudiced of societies. Four part series, over 330,000 words.

The loveliest part of the story is that it is entirely fitting cannon, which is sometimes a contributing factor in a good OC fic. Of course, I love AUs, but there is just something about them. It tells us the past in a different way, and the story we've read originally remains the same.  This story has suspense and twists and is full of surprises. The dialogues, especially, are extremely realistic.

The author has also written an article at HP-Lexicon (Secrets of the Classlist), which I found enjoyable too.

Now that all of the above is over, I want to ask a question. And I am going to: Are you on Pottermore? I am ! You can add me there (OwlCloak53).

Ta-ta!

P.S.- Check this out (no kidding, you really should check this quiz out) :

The sorting hat says that I belong in Hufflepuff!

Said Hufflepuff, "I'll teach the lot, and treat them just the same."
Hufflepuff students are friendly, fair-minded, modest, and hard-working. A well-known member was Cedric Diggory, who represented Hogwarts in the most recent Triwizard Tournament.
 

Take the most scientific Harry Potter Quiz ever created.
Get Sorted Now!



No comments:

Post a Comment